Most marketers have complied with this reality, because "that's just the way it is" — it's been the standard way for so long.
We have seen so many great marketers with a common issue: you're complacent that there is seldom a guarantee for actual revenue (or even solid performance), let alone assurance that your return on ad spend (ROAS) will yield results. You've settled for paying money 'up front,' hoping the ads will get sales.
We surveyed several top digitally native eCommerce brand, and the top complaints we heard were:
- "Wasted a ton of money on advertising, got a bunch of clicks, but only a few sales."
- "Ads worked great, but my CPC is through the roof!
- "My ads get people to my site, but the drop-off rate is crazy high!"
After assessing these grievances, we at Klickly
set out on the grand task to create an advertising platform that addressed ALL of the 3 issues above. So, obviously we're quite biased, but we wanted to tell you about why we think it's so important to demand accountable advertising and how to make sure you get the most out of your ad spend.
While we'd never suggest leaving any platform that is having a positive impact on your bottom line, there are some things to take into consideration when thinking about your marketing efforts. As the current pricing model stands, most platforms have no incentive to work as hard as you for sales; they've already gotten your money. That money could have been better spent elsewhere on your business. Or could have gone to your luxury yacht fund ;).
If you're paying out on the traditional models above you're not alone. Here are 3 ways you can take back control of your ads:
- Only pay for ads that are performance-based (i.e. only pay when ads drive sales)
- Find an advertising platform that can guarantee or "lock-in" your ROAS (return on ad spend)
- Make your ad creative as efficient as possible